On December 10, from 11a-2p at the Joe Goode Annex, FACT/SF will host its first audition in five years.
FACT/SF seeks 3-4 confident, curious, capable, and compassionate contemporary dancers to join us for our next evening-length work, DEATH. Dancers joining for the project will rehearse 10-12 hours per week, often from 10a-4p on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Rehearsals will begin in January 2018 and continue until DEATH premieres, September 27 - October 13, 2018. All rehearsals, breaks, and performances will be compensated at a rate of $15/hour. Every rehearsal will begin with a Countertechnique class. Rehearsals and performances will take place in San Francisco.
Ideal candidates will have previous professional dance experience, a desire to work collaboratively, an ability to work independently, strong technical proficiency, and a passion for contemporary dance. Performers will be an active part of the creative process and it is important that they be physically, emotionally, and intellectually available to invest deeply in the work. Dancers must be legally able to work in the U.S. and be able to travel domestically and abroad. FACT/SF prohibits, and does not practice, discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or ability in its programs and activities.
FACT/SF will open the Annex at 10a on December 10, so that dancers have time to register, warm-up, and settle in. The 3-hour audition will begin at 11a, and will include a shortened Countertechnique class and a short break, followed by phrase material from past FACT/SF works, choreographic prompts, and/or task-based improvisation explorations. Dancers should be prepared to participate for the entire time. There will be no cuts. Dancers who arrive late, leave early, or fail to bring the required materials will not be considered. Prior to the audition, Slender-White will be teaching a series of Countertechnique classes at 10a at ODC on December 4, 6, & 8. Dancers interested in the audition are encouraged to attend these classes.
- A Headshot (so that we can efficiently put a face to a name and avoid making everyone wear numbers)
- A Resumé or a CV (whichever you feels best represents your professional experiences and interests)
- Access to your calendar (so you can review the DEATH production schedule and let us know in advance of any conflicts you might have)
- A generosity of spirit and a willingness to be ugly
- An outfit that will allow us to easily see your movements (Note: this audition will include standing choreography, floor work, and no partnering)
Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org